Home » Issues in MAM
Issues in MAM
Three main areas of issues
- Many solutions are available for mobile device management, but not many for Mobile Application Management(MAM).
- Most MAM solutions in market today are designed to manage distribution of enterprise app catalog/packages with emphasis on distribution of individual application rather than management of apps based on the Enterprise’s business process requirement.
- In the past, corporation’s priority was to develop more mobile apps faster, today, the said priority is shifted to better maintenance and efficient deployment of mobile apps.
- The quality of the mobile app depended heavily on individual developer’s experience instead on the corporation’s IT standard.
- Development tools that claim “cross-platforms” do not really help developer’s productivity.
- Developing Hybrid App over the native app has many benefits, but it still requires resources with runtime expertise in each different Mobile OS.
- Adequate maintenance of existing apps is getting harder due to the new device and upgraded OS being frequently introduced to the market.
- With more business related apps downloaded to user’s mobile device, and each app requiring different login process, it’s harder to use the mobile apps.
- Selection of mobile device becomes dependent on the “install-ability” of the app on the device rather than on features and performance of the device.
- In case of changes in the business policy, it takes too long for such changes to be applied to the mobile apps compared to applications in PC environment.